Hosting a blog carnival is a great way for your blog to gain exposure and traffic. It is a lot of work, but well worth it. We are always looking for bloggers to host the weekly editions of the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights. To apply to host an upcoming edition, please fill out the form below. But first, please observe the following guidelines for hosting:
Host Blog Requirements
- Focus on personal finance and frugal living
- Recent participation in the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights
- At least 6 months old or has at least 50 RSS subscribers
- Publishes at least 3 articles a week (not including linking posts)
- Family friendly
Please consider displaying one the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights Banners, Buttons or Text Links somewhere on your site. There are several styles to choose from. This is not a requirement for hosting but we would greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word about this new carnival, and hosting will bring traffic to your blog because participants are required to link back to your carnival.
Because the purpose of this carnival is to showcase quality content that may already have been seen before, we ask that you thoroughly evaluate the submitted content and be very selective as to the quality of posts you include.
- Familiarize yourself with the Submission Guidelines to learn what kind of content is acceptable.
- Only include posts that are of lasting value (will remain relevant and useful for a long period time.)
- Confirm that included entries are original works of the submitter. Copyscape is a convenient tool for this.
- Weed out spam and business advertisements. Posts from blogs belonging to business websites are discouraged. If in doubt, leave it out.
- Select approximately 5 of your favorite posts to feature in an Editor’s Picks section at the top of the carnival.
- Present the carnival in a format that will interest and engage your visitors by using pictures, quotes or other media.
- Organize submissions in categories/sections to make it easier to browse (The submission form allows participants to select the category they feel best suits their post.)
- Link to the carnival home page in the intro of your carnival
- At the end of the carnival, please announce where the next edition will be hosted and encourage submissions by linking to the submission form.
- Publish the carnival Thursday by 9:00AM U.S. Eastern Time (submission deadline is Wednesday 6:00PM EST/EDT).
Promote Your Carnival
- In the week prior to your carnival, announce to your readers and network contacts that you are hosting the upcoming carnival and invite bloggers to submit their best content.
- Once the carnival is published, contact your participants to let them know their entry has been included and remind them to link back to the carnival from their blogs and help promote it via social media.
If you are interested in hosting an edition of the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights, please fill out the following form with your blog details.
Hosting Request Form
(*) indicates a required field